Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wildcat Story

The wildcat story that grandma and, grandpa J.F. & R.C. MCalab used to tell

Alma Woodard Tucker who will be 90 her next birthday remembered the old wildcat
story I used to hear at my MrCaleb grandparents when I was a young boy..Mincy
Tidwell had two boys that had gone coon hunting after dark and,it was getting
way on in the night and they hadn't arrived back home. Mincy was worried. She
decided to go looking for her bavs. She went down a lonely dark trail through
the woods. and passed under a tree that was leaning over the trail. A wildcat
jumped from the tree and clawed up her shoulders. Alma said Mincy showed her
shoulders the and scars. This story put fear into my heart after dark when I
was a boy. I was afraid to get into the woods at night.

Jim and Rajina C. McCaleb family visit the Woodards

Their oldest son was my dad H, McCaleb., his brother Walker and.his sister Mary
McCaleb were going to visit their cousins. the Melton and Martha Hollingsworth
Woodard children. Mary and Walker had the Lice.. but daddy didn't have lice in
his hair, Grandma McCaleb told the children not to mention about the lice or
the Woodard children wouldn't play with them, My dad H arrived at the Woodard
home first and announced to his cousins to not play with Walker and Mary.

By Fred McCaleb

No comments: